The Car Test
The RoSPA advanced driving test is regarded as the most comprehensive and challenging available to the public. It is monitored and approved by the DVSA.
The test lasts around 45 to 60 minutes and is taken with a RoSPA Examiner, all of whom are serving or retired Police Officers in the UK.
The RoSPA Advanced Driving Test is unique as it is graded Bronze, Silver or Gold. A RoSPA gold is the highest civilian driving standard available and the holder will be a master of his or her art. To see more about what is expected, download R0SPA’s Car Test Guidelines(PDF 228kb).
- The cost of the advanced driving test in a car for drivers 26 years and over is £67.00 inc VAT.
- The cost of the advanced driving test in a car for drivers 25 years and under is £62.00 inc VAT.
- The test can also be done in LGV/PCV, the cost is £70.00 Inc VAT.
Unlike other Advanced Driving and Riding organisations, RoSPA require 3 yearly re-tests, to ensure that excellent driving standards are maintained. The re-test fee is included in your yearly ROADaR subscription costs.
Please note – prices are a guide and correct at 26 April 2019, and may change: E&OE
How do I apply?
- Once you feel you are ready, please complete the ROADaR APPLICATION FORM
- RoSPA will then allocate your test to the region that you have requested for testing and then to an examiner closest to you. Your examiner will contact you directly to arrange a convenient date and location for your test
- The test will take place in your own vehicle, which must be fully insured and legally roadworthy.